Thursday, April 23, 2009

Micro-teaching Spanish

I decided to teach basic Spanish greetings because I knew that most of my classmates didn’t speak or understand much Spanish, so teaching literature would be too hard. My classmates were supposed to behave badly while I was teaching but since I had them engaged in the classroom there was no time for them to misbehave.

After I finished the lesson someone mentioned that it was hard to misbehave because I had them moving and talking to each other, and then in a circle, so what I learned from my lesson was that I need to try to keep the students active and engage in the lesson in order to avoid problems like kids talking on the side, others throwing paper, passing notes or texting.

Another thing that I noticed was that even though I thought I didn’t have enough material to cover, it was actually enough, because I had them practice around the class with each other. I think I did well, I was able to have them talking and greeting each other in Spanish.

1 comment:

  1. You did a GREAT job.

    Your enthusiasm and movement activities were excellent.

    ReplyDelete