Sunday, March 8, 2009

Classroom Management

I have observed different types of teachers, the one that is almost always screaming, the one that is too sweet and doesn’t have control of the classroom and is always calling the teacher next door for help, and the one that is nice, friendly and strict at the same time. I have noticed something when we start teaching we have to look strict and strong and then be friendly. If we do the opposite students will take advantage.

There is a big difference between fear and respect, I want my students to respect me not to fear me, I want them to feel they can talk to me, I don’t want to be their friend, but I want to be friendly to them. I believe a happy, friendly teacher can have more control in a classroom than a strict mean teacher who everybody hates.

No comments:

Post a Comment